DUI/OWI & Criminal Defense: (262) 565-8201 Divorce/Family Law & Bankruptcy: (262) 565-8200

Elkhorn Child Placement

Are you looking for a Elkhorn Child Placement Attorney ?

Elkhorn Child Placement | Walworth County Child Placement cases (i.e. Elkhorn, Delavan, Lake Geneva, or East Troy) start with a temporary order for placement while the divorce or paternity action is pending.   Normally during that hearing the parents of the child are send to mediation in an attempt for them to settle the placement of their child between them and without further litigation.  If they fail to settle placement during mediation then a Guardian ad Litem (GAL) is assigned to the case to determine for the court what the best interest of the child is in their opinion.   The litigation process also includes discovery which helps the parent prove that they are the better person to have the majority (or primary) care of the child.

Walworth County courts often will award 50/50 placement if both parents are living within the same school district as the child, and there is no reason to not make such an award.  Attorneys help clients determine what is and is not good cause to have the placement they desire.  Unfortunately, clients get one chance at this determination because after a judge makes their ruling that order cannot be altered (in the two(2) years immediately following the order) without substantial change in circumstances, and the change being in the best interest of the child.  After that two(2) year period it only requires the best interest of the child to make a change in placement.  But since there is a status quo that has gone on for two(2) years already, it is still not easy to justify major changes in child placement.   It is always a good idea to hire an attorney when children are involved.

For a free consultation call attorney Richard Missimer at (262)565-8200 .

Other Reading Material for Elkhorn WI Child Placement

You may want to check out a few of our information pages for more reading material on General Family Law Information; Paternity Information; if you are involved in a Elkhorn Child Placement action.

If you already have a Judgment of Divorce -or- Judgment of Paternity then you may want to check out Contempt filings; and Post Judgment Modifications; if you are involved in a Elkhorn Child Placement action.

We also suggest you check out our Child Support Information page for those of you that may be paying or receiving child support and looking for a Elkhorn WI Child Placement Lawyer.

Lastly, you may want to read Atty Richard Missimer’s answers posted on Avvo for Q&A if you are seeking yet more information about Elkhorn Child Placement Attorneys.

We believe you will find that Atty Richard is an extremely good Child Placement Attorney in Walworth County WI. He will give you a free consultation by phone, consider contacting him at (262) 565-8200.


Attorney Richard S Missimer

Richard_MissimerHe has been practicing law since 2006. He graduated from Marquette University Law School, sitting right next to Karyn. Richard focuses on Family Law, Divorce, CHiPs, and Bankruptcy. Richard’s decades of family law, business, accounting, and tax experience make him an ideal attorney for such cases. If you are looking for a compassionate and knowledgeable Divorce or Family Lawyer, look no further. Richard’s phone number is (262)565-8200.

Contact Richard

Please wait...