DUI/OWI & Criminal Defense: (262) 565-8201 Divorce/Family Law & Bankruptcy: (262) 565-8200

Elkhorn Child Support / Walworth County Child Support

Are you looking for a Elkhorn Child Support Attorney ?

Elkhorn Child Support | Walworth County Child Support is determined by WI STAT Chapter DCF150 which can be found at the following link:  https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/dcf/101_153/150

The calculations vary based on the type of placement (i.e. primary, split or shared) and the income of the parent (or parents if share or split placement exists).   The shared placement calculations are somewhat difficult so a shared placement calculator is available on the web by searching for “WI shared placement calculator.”  The split placement is a little easier.  It too can be found on the web by searching for “WI split placement calculator.”

Shared Placement is based on the number of over-nights where 25% (or more) is shared placement.  So, having four(4) over nights in a fourteen(14) day period is 28.6% placement, while three(3) over nights in a fourteen day period is 21.4% placement.  So, one(1) day can mean the difference between shared and primary placement.  Shared placement has an impact on whether the child can move.  Shared placement support usually includes variable expenses, which are costs related to events, school, and external education costs.

Split Placement is dividing the minor children between the homes.  So, if there are three(3) children and one(1) of them stays with a parent, and the other two(2) stay with the other parent, that would be split placement.  Split placement does occur more often than you would think, especially in larger families.

Attorney Missimer does provide free consultations to help answer your questions about Walworth Custody or Walworth Support.  You might also check out our Avvo Family Law Q/A page for addition information.

Other Reading Material for Elkhorn Child Support cases

You may want to check out a few of our information pages for more reading material on General Family Law Information if you are involved in a Walworth County Child Support action.

If you already have a Judgment of Divorce -or- Judgment of Paternity then you may want to check out Contempt filings; and Post Judgment Modifications; if you want to change the child support amount or seek contempt regarding a Walworth County Child Support payment(s).

We also suggest you check out our Child Support General Information page for those of you that may be paying or receiving child support and looking for a Elkhorn WI Child Support Lawyer.

Lastly, you may want to read Atty Richard Missimer’s answers posted on Avvo for Q&A if you are seeking yet more information about Elkhorn WI Child Support Attorneys.

We believe you will find that Atty Richard is an extremely good Child Support Attorney in Walworth County WI. He will give you a free consultation by phone, consider contacting him at (262) 565-8200.


Attorney Richard S Missimer

Richard_MissimerHe has been practicing law since 2006. He graduated from Marquette University Law School, sitting right next to Karyn. Richard focuses on Family Law, Divorce, CHiPs, and Bankruptcy. Richard’s decades of family law, business, accounting, and tax experience make him an ideal attorney for such cases. If you are looking for a compassionate and knowledgeable Divorce or Family Lawyer, look no further. Richard’s phone number is (262)565-8200.

Contact Richard

Please wait...